From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 00:28:06 EST
In a message dated 1/31/03 10:36:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

 > So once you tune up your hormonal carburetor, you will
 > continually access stored body fat, maintain peak mental alertness, and not
 > be hungry for 4 to 6 hours after a meal..."

When I attempted the Zone Diet several years ago and religiously measured out
the suggested number of blocks for my size -- I was hungry much sooner than
4-6 hours after the meal.  At the time, there was a Zone Tech support e-mail
where you could get help and it was recommended that I cut out one of the
carb blocks and add another fat block --no surprise there.  The problem is
that even after implementing this suggestion, the overall fat content of his
diet as described in his books (not some high fat version for elite athelites
that Ken mentioned) was simply too low for me.  I did not feel comfortable
and the allowed carb blocks seemed to induce more cravings for me.  I feel
better with less carbs -- not no carbs -- just less than the carb blocks
suggested for me.   If others have success with the Zone Diet, more power to
them -- it just wasn't for me.