From:
Dean Pistilli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:56:12 +1100
I also read the below in disbelief.. do these guys know what they're
talking about? Eating lactose by the spoonful, do you really mean
probiotics?? Lactose powder and acidophilus powder are not the same
thing(!).. correct, the acidophilus needs a minute amount of sugar to
start in the gut, thus the base usually contains minute amounts lactose
sugar which theoretically should not reach the intestine.

Gulping a spoonful of lactose will send you to the toilet guaranteed and
has no beneficial effect I assure you.

For one thing over 70% (probably higher) of the Asian continent can't
take lactose in any form, and about 6 of the 7 continents are in the
same boat.
I have never found stories of people who could eat lactose in
"incredible high amounts" .. that's bizarre.
I myself have some northern european blood and used to be able to take
one or 2 glasses of milk or lactose products maximum without problems.

When visiting some asian countries i noticed Western brainwashing and
dis-information has caused people to believe "milk and dairy is needed
for good health", thus you see people consuming milk each day esp. for
breakfast. I tried pointing out that symptoms such as a stuffy head,
mucous for no reason, joint pain and other problems might be due to the
cow's milk they were consuming.. in Japan, Milk is so recent an
introduction that the word is taken from English (Milrku). In China they
used to have a saying that went something like "Feed your child cow's
milk if you want them to be a cow".. hence the aversion for thousands of
years until recently when the "Western Way" has become in vogue.

As for human milk.. if you're still getting a supply of milk from your
mother, go for it.. else maybe there's something in the fact that women
stop lactating after a year or two.

reg.,
Dean. Oz.