From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 20:29:39 -0500
I sent an inquiry to Dr. Cordain's website and the webmaster said they
would ask Dr. Cordain if he would address those issues at his upcoming
teleseminar on acne.    No guarantees of course, but it was very thoughtful
for them to get back to me so promptly.

I am most curious to know if this betacellulin issue is of concern in goat
and sheep as well as cow. Bovine IGF-1 for instance is identical to human
IGF-1, but this is not so for goat and sheep IGF-1. Also, if it is
contained in all forms of dairy ie whey, butter, cream, kefir etc.

Even if betacellulin increases EGF and even if EGF fuels some unwanted
growth -- could the problem (if there is one) be dose dependent.  In other
words, could some be neutral or even beneficial but excess detrimental?
I'm thinking of a carb analogy - some is desirable, but too much wreaks
havoc.  Thoughts?  Sorry if my analogy is bad -- just a thought...