From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:09:11 MST
You wrote:

>What's the best way to eat for someone who suffers from depression?

Funny you asked this question, since I've been wanting to discuss this topic
on the list for quite some time.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who will
tell you he or she noticed a major change of mood after going paleo.  Okay,
improvements in mental health.  Every once in a while, I'll comment on my
experience with anti-depressants and hear some stupid remark or another, so
I wasn't sure about opening discussion on this here.  But what the hey!

I don't know where to find what you're looking for, but I wonder; how long
have you been eating the paleolithic diet?  Have you noticed any changes
yet?  Anyone else on the list want to comment?  Go to Ray's website
(http://www.neanderthin.com) and click on "Dave's Raves".  This person
describes pretty much what I went through.  Yes, Zoloft got me out of the
funk.  But within a few weeks of only minor dietary changes (Atkins to
Paleo), I must say I noticed a larger margin of improvement.

In other words, I think doing what you're doing now will make a difference.
It's hard to find words to describe the changes I've experienced.  I hope
these winds of change will blow your way, too.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO

P.S.  While I doubt anyone here will stick a foot in his or her mouth, just
in case: if you haven't been there, be very careful what you say.  Better
yet, say nothing.