From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2006 09:31:17 -0800
Hi Paleopeople,

Question: Just curious.  When did folks out there begin eating paleo
  and when did you begin posting on this list?

I found a post of mine in the archives from May 22, 1997 after being
on a gluten free diet since 1996. I was surprised that I have been on
the list for so long. I asked a naive question:

http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?A2=ind9705&L=paleofood&T=0&P=36499

Since then I have found that a lot of things I was eating at the
beginning are causing me problems today. For example, I was making
chicken pemmican with coconut oil. I have since found out that I am
allergic to coconut oil and grain fed chicken makes me itchy too. I
had to seek out grass fed meat as well.
I also posted recipes with eggs and almonds and I have since found
out that almonds give me arthritis and eggs cause night sweats and
hot flashes!

This list has been a Godsend for me!
Good question!

I wonder where all the rest of the paleopeople from 1997 went?

Paleobest,
Susan