From:
Cheyenne Loon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 08:18:40 -0800
liz butek  said this:
>I came across collard greens, which i've seen on just about every low
>carb food list. Does anyone have any suggestions for them? Are they
>eaten like raw salad, or can they be cooked? Are they paleo?

Hi Liz, I agree with Rachel - collards are best sauteed.  I wash and
coarsely chop the greens, taking care to leave some water on the leaves
after washed.  Then I lightly sautee lots of minced garlic in olive
oil, and when the oil's fairly hot, I shove all the greens in the pot,
mix with the oil & garlic, shake in some sea salt-seasoning, and then
cover and lower to medium-low.  Cook 'til the stems are tender.  If the
bottom of the pot dries out, add a tablespoonfull of boiled water.
Don't let garlic or greens burn.

enjoy!
Cheyenne

p.s. Rachel thanks belatedly for all your informative emails on sugar.