From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2006 17:39:30 -0800

> I have never quite understood why yeast is non-Paleo.
> After all, there are wild yeasts in the air, and
> certain foods that hang around for a while will
> provide a hospitable environment. Same way with
> vinegar - it may not have been a major item in the
> diet, but fruits and vegetables kept for a while would
> have the potential to ferment and then turn to
> vinegar.

Yes, yeasts are everywhere, along with the bacteria - inside,
outside, everywhere. They are one of the members of the balancing
act. When humans say they have a yeast "infection", it's not an
infection at all, just a migration and squatting somewhere they
shouldn't inhabit. Grain, fruit, milk, all ferment spontaneously.
Birds get drunk on berries. I don't think it's too far-fetched to
call these fermented things Paleo - no more than fruit juice and
squeezed seeds and fishes.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!