NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
jj-cupples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 17:10:32 -0600
My son was diagnosed with a milk allergy via applied kinesiology too.  He
used to get constant ear infections or URI's when he was on dairy.  Here's
what we do.

The ghirardelli dark chocolate or sweet dark chocolate candy bars(same
thing) are dairy free as well as their baking chips.  They are Kosher
labelled K-D since they are run on the same lines as dairy but washed
between runs, so probably not a problem with LI....isn't for us anyway.
Watch the labels on the chips (large bags I think) since some are labeled
with dairy (discussion from another list).  Sometimes I buy the large bar in
the baking aisle (its the same as the dark chocolate candy bar - just huge)
& just let my son break off a section or two.

Tropical Source in the health food stores is dairy free and is run on
dedicated dairy free lines.  They make candy bars and baking chips
(chocolate & peanut butter chocolate chips).  Also, we use the Paul Newman
dark chocolate candy bars.  He also has an orange-dark chocolate bar & an
espresso-dark chocolate candy bar.  We get these at our local Kroger.

Hope this helps to get some safe chocolate back into your life!  :)

Janice - a chocolateholic herself