NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
gil gilmore <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 1997 02:52:39 -0500
Believe it or not red pepper flakes are a wonderful homeopathic
remedy for the symptoms of congestion.  Apparently there are
enzymes in the red pepper that have been synthesized and used as the
active ingredients in many of the commercial expectorants found on the
drugshelf.

I use to be congested all the time, a rather dreadful fate for
an ardent bicyclist such as myself.  However, after I started getting
serious about spicing my food and particularly in going heavy with the
red pepper I found my congestion very nearly went away.

(Does it need to be added that I also went vegan thereafter).

Try some "red pepper tea with some honey and lemon. Makes a nice
little toddy before going to bed.

Good luck;

gil gilmore