NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Pearson, Loretta" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 20:05:20 -0800
Hi, I'm on a dairy-free diet now, how long does it usually take to see
the symptoms begin to subside? I'm conjested, coughing, would have
running nose, but the meds are controlling it. I'm on nasal inhallers,
asthma inhallers, and Claritin. I'm conjested constantly! Without the
meds I have the "eternal cold", but it's allergies. I'm also
envirentmentally allergic to dust, mites, pollens, pets, molds,
feathers, plants, smoke, and some chemicals. I'm also allergic to dairy
products. Have had skin tests and food challenge tests.

Until the past few weeks, I've not had milk or ice cream, but LOVE and
ate cheese, sour cream, etc. It's hard to know what is triggering which
symptoms. I've done the home enviremental controls and that's helping.
Now I'm trying to live dairy-free.

Thanks for all the great recipes! I'm learning to make some great dairy
free dishes. We loved the Chocolate cream pie with Tofu! Thanks!

Any comments are welcome!
Loretta