NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Marie Turnbull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 13:00:01 -0500
Here's a recipe from a book I have called The Uncheese Cookbook by Joanne
Stepaniak.  I can't remember if I ordered the book online or was able to
get it at the local bookstore.  Anyway, the book is filled with uncheese
recipes for everything from sauces to wheels/blocks of dairy free cheeses.

Gee Whiz Spread
1 15.5 oz can Great Northern beans rinsed well and drained
1/2 cup pimento pieces, drained
6 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2-3 tablespoons tahini
1/2 tsp. onion granules
1/2 tsp. prepared yellow mustard
1/2 tsp. salt

Place all ingredients in blender or food processor with fitted metal blade
and process for several minutes, until mixture is smooth with no flecks of
pimento visible.  The finished product should be thick, creamy with an even
orange color.  Serve immediately, or transfer to storage container and
refriferate.  Should keep for about one week in refrigerator.

Good Luck!

Marie Turnbull