NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hazel Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 1997 10:14:52 -0500
> What the tests look for, is just undigested fat.  Quite easy and
> straightforward.  You can also find out for yourself,  by having a greasy
> meal (without milk, so you know is NOT the milk.) and then checking your
> BM.  It will be VERY smelly for one, and it will look fatty like with a
> film on top. It is called "Stratorrhea."  I know, I know, we shouldn't talk
> like these, but then, how are we to find help in one another if we don'

Hi,

What a delightful topic..but then how are we going to figure out what
ails us..especially since the doctors don't seem to have much of a
clue..they obviously aren't the ones that spend most of their time on
the toilet!!!

I would like to see more discusstions on fats and lactose intollerance.
I never had a problem with this until I gave birth to my children which
all were c-sections..connection..I don't know. But sometimes I can eat
dairy and fried or fatty foods but other times it just kills me. I can
tell the difference between a reaction to fats and to lactose...lactose
causes severe pain then diareha and fats just send me to the toilet. I
don't really think that my problem is an age problem as I just turned
35.. anyone else have comments.

Hazel