NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sandra Weber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 1997 08:15:23 -0500
My 7 year old son  had had problems with not being able to sit still. Getting
in trouble at school. Not staying in his seat on the bus. I had him screened
for ADD by the school psychologist. He was not ADD. We searched for
help on the internet and came across what is called "God's Recipe", a
natural alternative to ritalin. We gave him these supplements and he
seemed to improve somewhat. About a month ago, our family stopped
eating meat and drinking milk. We also stopped giving my son the
nutritional supplements. You wouldn't believe the change in him.He has
calmed down so much he seems like a different child. I asked  his gym
teacher yesterday how he was doing in class, and she said she could
not believe the change in him. I looked at the nutritional supplements and
the multi enzyme he was taking had lactase in it. This is why the
supplements helped because the lactase was helping him digest the
lactose in the milk. My son is also having problems learning to read. He is
in danger of failing First grade. I have seen some improvement in him
since he has been milk free. I don't know if this is because of his ability to
concentrate better. I have also noticed a change in his sleep patterns. He
is going to sleep more quickly and not waking up as early as he use to.