NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 1997 20:17:47 -0500
Newsgroup: rec.food.veg.cooking
Subject: Gee Whiz Cheeze Sauce
From: [log in to unmask]
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 15:07:20 GMT

This cheeze sauce is a lot like the pasteurized process
cheese spread that comes out of a jar.  The really nice
thing about it is that you don't have to heat it to get
the consistency that you want for a dip.  Great with salsa
and used like chile con queso.  Also good spread on your
veggie burger, on a baked potato, or over broccoli.  I hope
you enjoy it.

Gee Whiz Cheeze Sauce

1 15.5 oz. can Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed well
1/2 cup pimiento pieces, drained
6 Tbs nutritional yeast
3 Tbs lemon juice
2-3 Tbs sesame tahini
1/2 tsp onion granules (I used powder)
1/2 tsp prepared yellow mustard
1/2 tsp salt

Place all ingredients in a blender and process until completely
smooth.  Transfer to a storage container and chill thoroughly
before serving.

(It's at this point I add salsa, to let the flavors blend together.)

from _The Uncheese Cookbook_ by Joanne Stepaniak

Enjoy!

Cathy Carroll

The cookbook this comes from has a price of $11.95. It can be ordered from
www.books.com for $10.16, but then there is $3.85 for shipping.