NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Suzanne DiPiero <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 06:02:03 -0800
Tanya,
You mentioned "my allergy" in your last post, but also
refered to how tough it is to get used to not being
able to eat foods you've eaten for 27 years.  Do you
have a milk allergy or have you developed LI?  I'm not
trying to sound critical, I'm just curious as to
whether or not, and how common, it is to have food
allergies develop as an adult.

On the topic of eating out, when I request 'no cheese'
on something, or ask the wait staff about
milk/cream/cheese in a dish, I've had them reply "Do
you have an allergy."  I just say "yes," instead of
bothering to explain LI.  Considering that I'd never
heard of LI until I was in college, but knew of food
allergies, it's just easier for me to assume that
others aren't very familiar with it as well.

Suzanne