NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Catherine Cralle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:36:47 -0400
James said....

"I have avoided certain breads that contain these two items  (L. Cysteine
and lactic
acid) due to my belief that they are connected to milk.  Any assistance
regarding information
would be helpful."

I have also wondered about breads that have "sodium steroyl lactilate" as a
dough preservative.  Does anyone know if this a milk related.  My extremely
milk allergic daughter doesn't seem to have any direct and severe reaction,
but I keep wondering about her lingering/occasional upset stomache.

Cathy.