NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 May 1998 11:43:32 -0700
On Tue, 26 May 1998 10:13:06 -0500 Jill A Sobel <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>I know this was dicussed on this before, but how does one get
>their child to drink the really hypoallergenic formulas or
>even to switch formulas?

Try mixing them.  Half and half or even 3 to 1 with the one she likes,
then when she'll drink that, taper down till you are giving straight new
one.  If that doesn't work, you might want to try flavoring it.  I've
heard vanilla suggested.  Or even mixing it with juice.

I tried to get my daughter to drink Isomil and she spit it across the
floor the first time.  We never even tried the yuckier stuff!  I mixed it
with breastmilk and eventually got her to drink small amount but she
still hated it.  When we started to wean, she was old enough (10 months)
that I just went straight to soy milks.  This was fortunate for us
because she would have reacted to the corn in the formulas anyway.

How old is the baby and what do you suspect she is reacting to?
Kathy P.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]