NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Juliann Seebauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2003 10:07:20 -0500
I never knew that one can make crepes without milk or eggs! I just
made some for my daughter (who can have both), but my son misses out.
Now I'll be able to make some for him!
Is the recipe just flour and water (that's what I'd have to use), or
is there some oil added? I would think that flour and water would
make a hard, cracker- like consistency, and not be roll-able. (I also
learned not to oil a non- stick pan, as the oil/ marg just slides
off, too while rotating the pan- oops).  A trick my dad taught me was
to pour the batter in a circle while tilting rotating the pan to
spread out the batter more evenly (ie, leave a hole area in the
middle- it will fill in as you tilt).