NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 15:47:47 -0700
On Mon, 17 Jul 2000 17:26:24 -0700 engjrntchr <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> I am thinking about buying a Cuisinart ICE-20 1 1/2-Quart Automatic
> Frozen Yogurt, Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker.  In my research this seems  to
> be the best rated product for the price and quality.  I have a
Cuisinart
> food processor which I love.

I have one.  I think it's the same one you are referring to.  I used it a
lot last summer to make sorbets.  The consistancy of the final product
varied based on the sugar / liquid ratio of the base.

It helps if you have a large freezer that you can keep the canister in
all the time.  I found that it takes longer to get a thorough freeze on
it than they suggest.  We just keep it in the freezer all the time.
Chill the base well before putting it in also.  I usually made it the
night before and put it in the fridge in a pitcher - it made it easier to
pour into the machine since you have to do that while it's running.

I did lots of different fruit flavors ranging from pink grapefruit to
cantelope to white peach.  Watermelon got a bit icy.
Kathy

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.