NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 1998 09:30:46 -0700
On Sun, 10 May 1998 17:52:53 EDT Kebridan <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Did you ever use a formula and if you did what was it?  If a mother has
>stop breast feeding for some reason and does not want to use a regular
or soy
>formula, what choices are there if there is a family history of problems
>these products?

I didn't find any on the supermarket shelves without corn.  I don't know
of any without soy.  Dr. Rapp's book lists two sans corn, but at least
one (Nursoy) is not available in the US anymore as far as I know.  I'm
still looking for Ricelyte to use instead of Pedialyte which is corn
based.

>  Sounds to me like you are doing a pretty good job with your daughter.

I weaned her around 13 months to soy milk and she seems to be doing fine.
 I do pump a bit of extra fats in her diet and some extra calcium in
juices.  Other than that, she eats a pretty normal diet - just no cheeses
or packaged foods.  I make a lot of roasted meats with veggies or stews
with noodles.  Things that make good finger foods.  I do give her Kosher
salami and bologna, but I don't really worry about the nitrates/nitrites
at this point.

Kathy

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]