NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Pearson, Loretta" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 22:03:36 -0800
Thanks for the notes of interest on symptom resolution. I'm trying to
stick to no-milk. It's sometimes difficult because I don't realize I'm
getting dairy until it's too late. There's dairy in so much!

Cooking is easier, I'm checking each item I add. But eatting out, I try
to scan the menu for non-dairy, but sometimes I'm getting hidden dairy.
Tonight we ate out and something had dairy in it and I'm having a mild
asthma attack. I took my own "Tofu" sour cream, thanks for the recipe!

It must get easier with practice? Sometimes I pop something into my
mouth, then realize I can't have that. (frustrating). I'm becoming more
aware.

Thanks for the hope that the symptoms will clear! I realized that if I
can spend so much on envirenmental controls and medicines, that I'm dumb
not to also use food controls. I've been told by allergists that I
should NEVER have another bite of dairy foods. And by another one, that
if it didnt' bother me much, it really wouldn't hurt! (bad advice) I was
also told that if I didn't have anaphylaxis reaction, it wasn't a TRUE
ALLERGY. So I felt dumb saying I was "allergic" to dairy when I didn't
have ana. reactions.

I much appreciate this list the and great suppport and help I've found
on the net. I've learned more about allergies/asthma/etc. on the wed,
than I ever did from any of the three allergists I've seen.
Thanks all,
Loretta