NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 20:31:41 -0800
Here is what we had instead of pumpkin pie.  It was great!  I used EnerG
Egg Replacer and it turned out just fine.  Instead of the cream cheese
filling in the original recipe, I used my Whipped Cream Frosting.  It was
enough for 2, so halve the recipe (it's in the archives).

Kathy P.

Pumpkin Cake Roll

3 eggs
1 c sugar
2/3 c pumpkin
3.4 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ginger

Beat eggs for 1 minute.  Gradually add sugar and continue to beat 4
minutes.  Stir in pumpkin.  Combine dry ingredients and stir into to egg
mixture.  Line 9 X 13 in jelly roll pan with waxed paper and grease well.
 Pour mixture into pan and bake at 375F for 12 minutes.  Remove from oven
and immediately turn out onto towel sprinkled with powdered sugar (I used
regular sugar and pumpkin pie spice since powdered sugar contains corn
starch that we can't have).  Remove waxed paper and roll cake and towel
together.  Cool completely.  When cool unroll cake and spread with
filling (whipped cream frosting).  Reroll and sprinkle with powdered
sugar (again I omitted this).  Chill well before serving.  Slice with a
serated knife.