NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 19:10:20 -0800
On Sun, 19 Nov 2000 20:07:44 -0600 Powell <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> We were told by our doctor that every mammal produces casein, including
> humans whether or not you eliminate all dairy from your diet.

While this is true, bovine casein is much different from human casein.
Very few infants are truely intolerant of human breastmilk although it
can happen.  It's usually something in the mother's diet.  I had a doctor
hand me cans of formula time after time.  I persevered and on a limited
diet was able to breastfeed both my highly, and multiply, food
allergic/intolerant kids for over a year each.

Kathy

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.