NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Barbara Pollack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 1998 15:37:25 -0400
Bronwyn,

If you need assurance of absolutely no milk, a kosher meat meal is probably
the safest.  You don't have to worry about someone's interpretation of what
the designation means, there is an extra level of supervision, and it
should be served to you sealed.

No matter what, take some food.  No matter how perfect your choice, you'll
end up very hungry if they don't get it, lose it, mix it up, prepare it
improperly or otherwise screw up.   One Passover flight, they indeed served
us something special for the kosher meals we ordered--ham and cheese
sandwiches.  Another flight, the kosher meal was served barely heated and
therefore frozen solid in the middle.  A friend reported that on a flight
to Israel (don't know which airline but I bet it wasn't El Al) they ran out
of kosher meals--and as a result didn't serve her family (including four
children under nine!) because they couldn't get volunteers to give up their
meals.

If you need ideas for portable snacks, I'll bet the list-members can come
up with great suggestions.  Just tell us if you have any other allergies
and watch the ideas flow.

Barbara