NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 20:40:19 +0000
At 11:30 20/12/98 EST, you wrote:
>I have been searching high and low for non-dairy cream cheese.

Hi yea I know a bit out the way of NY but Yes evern in the UK Tofutti's
Better than Cream cheese is here (but it's called Tofutti light).

Ingreds as follows: Water; partially hydrogenated soybean oil; isolated soy
protein; maltodextrin; tofu;non-dairy lactic acid; sugar; locust bean, guar
and carrageenan gums; spices;  garlic; parsely; salt; veg. kono and
diglycerides, potassium sorbate (added as preservative)

and thats off of the USA pot.  It comes in a number of flavours (my
duaghter love the garkic and herbs, but also onion and plain - we buy from
health food shops and some Kosher delis so it shouldn't be too hard to find
in  the States.

Good hunting
Alan

      UK's only site for the Lactose Intolerant try....
http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/park/gfm11/index.htm