NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 19:08:46 -0800
On Sun, 28 Nov 1999 09:01:05 -0800 Suzanne DiPiero <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

> How do you make your Whipped Cream frosting?

I posted this a while ago and it should be in the archives, but I'll
repost anyway.  As I said, cut it in half for the cake roll or use the
other half somewhere else.

I've also used this to make a strawberry cream filling for a layer cake
in the summer.  Chop up some fresh strawberries.  I soaked them in some
brandy.  Drain and mix into the frosting.  Split two 9in layer cakes in
half to make 4 layers.  Put 1/3 of filling between each layer.  I used a
chocolate frosting for the outside.  It was a truly decadent birthday
cake garnished with strawberry fans and lemon zest pinwheels.

Kathy P.

Whipped Cream Frosting

4 tbsp flour
1 cup soy milk
1/2 c. margarine
1/2 c. shortening
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
pinch salt

Mix flour and soy milk in saucepan making sure it has a very smooth
consistency.  Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Put in bowl and cool completely.  Cream margarine and shortening about 4
minutes.  Add sugar gradually and beat another 4 minutes.  Add flour
paste and beat another 4 minutes.  Add vanilla and salt and blend.  Makes
enough for a fill and frost a 9" layer cake, one large cake, or one batch
of cupcakes.  Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.