NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 16:56:18 -0500
At 04:34 PM 2/28/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Has anyone ingested milk products and then experienced severe upper abdominal
>pain, nausea,

Yup.

>and black stools (indicating blood in the upper tract)?

Nope, not me.

>I'm
>new to this list and need to learn everything I can about lactose intolerance
>since I've recently been diagnosed with it.

I suspect that the blood in the upper tract is due to some kind of damage
to the lining. If this continues, see a gastroenterologist immediately -
there may be something else going on.

One possibility is Celiac disease, which can trigger Lactose Intolerance.
Celiac is the GI tract's inability to process gluten. The GI tract
(specifically, the cilia) can get damages to the point of bleeding,
resulting in severe anemia.

G'Luck.
Mark Feblowitz