NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 00:06:14 -0500
As those of you on the celiac list are probably aware, there is a recently
started large scale epidemiological study taking place that hopes to test
35,000 people for celiac disease. You can be part of this study and get
free testing for celiac disease from a top research laboratory. You will
have to pay for having the blood drawn and overnight shipping to Baltimore.
If near Baltimore you can visit them and have it drawn there free. To
participate you have to fill out a questionnaire and sign a consent form.
These can only be snail mailed. If people write to me *privately* with your
address I will mail you the forms. Fell free to recopy what I send and
distribute to friends and relatives.

Do realize that you must be consuming gluten at the time of testing.

A total of $600,000 will need to be raised. So far they have a little over
$100,000. So contributions are most welcome. To see more on this visit:

  http://rdz.stjohns.edu/lists/celiac/cdstudy.html

Don <[log in to unmask]>