NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Wentz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 1997 23:15:38 -0500
Christiaan W. Van Nood wrote:

> Hi. My son is due to have his first birthday. I would appreciate simple no
> dairy recipies for his party. Thanks
>
> Erica

Most favorite cakes and such can still be made using milk substitutes (such
as Rice Dream, DariFree, soy milks) and Fleishmann's Parve margarine.  Don't be
afraid to try!  Just don't expect to be able to find a boxed mix out there
(unless you want angle food cake).

If you are afraid to experiment, try looking at the recipes the list mom (or
dads in this case!) have been collecting in the archives.  Here is how:

GET NO-MILK LOG9701    January Log Files
GET NO-MILK LOG9702    February Log Files (large)
GET NO-MILK LOG9703    March Log Files (large)
GET NO-MILK LOG9704    April Log Files

Send these commands (one at a time!) to [log in to unmask] (and not
the address
for messages), removing the mixed case descriptions after the GET commands.
If you are on Juno you must split the log files. To do this add SPLIT 50
after the get command.

Have fun and good luck!
--
Kathy Wentz                        unschooler, n. one who never swims
[log in to unmask]                   with the crowd