NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kris Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 09:56:03 EST
<< Kris---Hang in there... Your description of a possible scenario where you
 can be both lactose intolerant and have a milk allergy fits my situation
 exactly.  >>

Thanks, Don!  It is good to hear there are others out there struggling with a
similar, confusing reaction to dairy.

<<Kris,
        We have been there and done that !  I finally came to the point where
I just
tell people that my son is ALLERGIC to dairy products.  I don't have the
energy anymore to debate this with people.  The tests SAY that he's not
allergic and the experts SAY that dairy allergies don't  cause this or that
symptom but the facts SAY to me that every time this kid puts anything dairy
into his mouth we see the same reaction and that's all I need. >>

Thanks, Heidi!  This is exactly what we have started to tell people.
Unfortunately, my daughter still has undiagnosed digestive problems so when
she continues to be sick month after month, I think people think we are idiots
still feeding her dairy...<g>.  After all, when people hear "dairy allergy,"
they think "Well, you can't eat milk or cheese, that's pretty simple.."  If
only!  I actually had a woman say to me "Oh, I know your daughter can't have
dairy, but I thought pizza would be okay."  She must think dairy means only
milk, LOL!

Kris