NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Marcotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 09:02:38 -0700
I have been diagnosed as LI but my symptoms also go way beyond the symptoms
usually attributed to LI. I don't get headaches or vomit but I do suffer
from the latter two that you mention.  The diarrhea comes within 6 hours
and the lethargy and feeling unwell come in 36 hours or so.

The reason why Lactaid pills don't work is that they deal with the LI
symptoms exclusively. I think you should  consider that your daughter has a
dairy allergy and react accordingly. There might be other reasons, but if
total elimination of dairy works, then go for it. That is what I did and it
has worked for me. By the way, some LI symptoms are quite close to
Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Doctors may diagnose a problem as that.

Don

 My question;  My