NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 18:16:48 EDT
In a message dated 10/8/99 10:04:40 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< My daughter has had  nightwaking abdominal pain now for about 2 years,  >>

When my daughter was an infant (3 months old) she would double up with
intestinal cramping 20 minutes after each nursing--you could set your watch
by it. I took her to a chiropractor and he said he could feel she was "out"
in an area that controls the stomach. One adjustment and she was fine. We
took her for a recheck just to be sure. Prior to seeing the chiropractor we
had tried altering my diet (to prevent allergens from coming throught my
breastmilk) and muscle relaxants to no avail. It turns out we were lifting
her out of her crib face up, which resulted in her lower body hanging down
and putting undue pressure on her spine, causing it to go "out". We then
learned to roll her over on her belly and pick her up that way, or to support
her legs as well as her shoulders.
     Now I realize your daughter is older than that, and it sounds like it
only happens at night. But perhaps she had a jostle or fall somewhere along
the line that could have affected that area of the spine. Perhaps it only
happens at night due to a position she sleeps in, or irregularities in the
mattress or something. Just trying to think outside the box and perhaps offer
a possibility that may lead you thinking in a direction that helps. Hope you
find the solution. Two years is a long time for mystery pain. Carrie