NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2002 17:52:08 +0000
Be cautious with Sunshine cookies. At least in the
Northeast US, the Sunshine cookies are labeled Kosher-
Dairy, not because of the ingredients but because they
are manufactured on dairy equipment and the particular
labeling scheme (and there are
lots...http://www.kashrut.com/agencies/) does not
distinguish between dairy and dairy equipment.

Our son has had varying levels of flares when eating
Droxies and Vienna Fingers, two Sunshine cookies that
appear to have no dairy ingredients. I'm not sure if the
problem was dairy contamination or dairy-derived caramel
coloring. Whatever the case, they are to be avoided when
dairy products are being avoided.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Mark