NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gail Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 14:41:50 -0500
> also "outgrow" his allergy. But I'm wondering , if after all that time of
> being dairy free,  reintroducing dairy into his system is even necessary.
Let
> me clarify. If you're already used to eating/cooking a certain way for a
long
> period of time, and your system is used to it, then why bother changing
just
> to drinking cow's milk?

Good point, Heidi.  We don't intend to start giving my son cow milk or
change the way we cook too much.  But it would be nice to be able to cook
with pre-packaged foods that are dairy (like cream of mushroom soup) or
pasta with parmesan sauce or sprinkling with cheese now and then.  Not to
mention the indulgence of fast food or being able to go to a kid's birthday
party at Chuck-e-Cheese without bringing a sack lunch for your own child.

I think for me it would simply be much more convenient to not have to worry
about my son being able to eat a school lunch if I didn't get around to
making him one that day, things like that.

Gail