NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 18:27:18 -0500
Robyn Kozierok wrote:

>He was never given formula until after we
>knew he had allergies, when he got some hypoallergenic formula (Alimentum)

I'd like to work up some sort of file on the various dairy-free formulas
available. Mostly interested in also soy-free, as that also seems to be a
common allergen. I have stumbled across something called Neocate on the web.
Either someone can volunteer to create and maintain this file (which I'll
store in the archives) or people can send me stuff and I'll organize it
together. But I'd rather someone closer to feeding an infant handle it. Like
the MILKALT file it could include opinions, phone numbers for contact info,
ingredient lists, where to buy, maybe pricing, etc. That file I built by
collecting what had been posted to the gluten-free list over a couple years.

Of course we're not endorsing formula, but do realize there are some
situations were it is needed.