NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MARGARET E HERRICK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 12:35:50 EST
Maggie here responding to items about BETTER THAN MILK:

I used it regularly for a couple of years, then they CHANGED IT.  I have
no way of comparing what it was with what is in it now, but it sure
tastes terrible now and I no longer buy it.  BETTER THAN MILK regular
used to really be "better" and even when I used the "lite" variety, it
was not bad.     Now it is totally disgusting, settles out to a gritty
bottom and translucent liquid on top.   I don't even think SOVEX makes it
any longer.

The same thing happened with  "BURGER N' LOAF"  mix that used to be so
good, but I can no longer tolerate it's taste and texture.  The companies
changed hands and the product quality deteriorated.

I wish I could find decent replacements for both.  I try to stay
reasonably Vegan but am not alergic to anything (except most shampoos
make my ears itch and give me dandruff in my eyebrows). <gggg>

Best wishes     Maggie