NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Weavre Cooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2008 15:44:01 -0400
Hello, everyone,

My allergist suggested I look into whether I'd want to try Xolair
(Omalizumab), and said that if I do, he'll undertake the apparently
necessary series of arguments with my insurance company to get the expensive
drug covered. I've read the patient information brochure and the prescribing
information, which are helpful - but also are not quite informative enough.
I have a severe dairy allergy, with anaphylactic response triggered by
inhalation or ingestion, and dermatologic response triggered by contact. My
allergy is much better controlled than it once was, but because I refuse to
stay hidden away at home and the world is littered with dairy dust, I have
an anaphylactic episode about once every 4-6 weeks or so - and I can't take
epinephrine.

Has anyone on this list tried Xolair? What are your personal experiences
with it, good or bad? What have you heard from others? Has it succeeded in
preventing allergic reactions? What side effects have people experienced?

Thank you in advance for anything you can share,

Weavre Cooper