NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
JAFLUMBER2 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 15:14:25 EST
Hello, I am new to list.
I have four kids, three of them have a milk allergy (is it common to have so
many in one family?).  Although none of them are life threatening, they can
not tolerate any milk or products with the proteins hidden in them.  My other
child can drink milk and have milk products, but only to a certain point.
Even when she has too much her reaction is not as bad.  None of them could
tolerate milk based formulas, and two of  could not tolerate soy.  My youngest
can not tolerate any of  the formulas that his ped. tried. (nutramagen,
alimentum)  He can not have soy either, so we are stuck with rice milk - which
he does not like.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can give him to
drink?  Juice and water is all he will drink.

My other question is does anybody know of a vitamin that is milk free, and
contains no dyes?  (for a 4 & 9 year old)  I have asked two pharmacist. One of
them said the lactose in the chewable over-the-counter brands would not bother
them, I did not listen to him.  The other one did not have any idea.

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated!

Kellie