NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Laurie Carson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 1997 09:10:53 -0600
> On Wed, 3 Sep 1997 18:03:48 -0400 Heidi  Loncosky <[log in to unmask]>
> writes:
> >I'd love to feed my son something chocolate, but evertime I do, his behavior
> >changes.
>
> You probably want to give him chocolate because you find it a comfort
> food :-)

I'd like to add one more story about chocolate... yep, I wanted to give it to
my daughter as a comfort food.  She is very allergic to dairy, eggs and peanuts.
She also seems to have an uncanny sense of what's good or right for her body.  If
she doesn't want to eat something, I trust her.  Anyway, the few times I've offered
chocolate, she'd take a nibble, and put it down.  It wasn't contaminated (homemade
with unsweetened cocoa powder), but she didn't want any of it.  Maybe an allergy?
Maybe an intolerance?  Whatever it is, I don't offer it anymore.

Laurie (and Alyssa, who still trusts her body's signals)