NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robyn Kozierok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 13:22:39 -0400

> On Sun, 14 Jun 1998 19:42:33 -0700 Holly Williams-McLeod
> <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> >Pure carrot juice that is with no added juices.
>
> Be careful not to overdose on vitamin A.  I don't recall what the danger
> is, but you'll start to take on an orange tint if it happens.

As far as I know the orange tint is the only "risk" to too much beta
carotene, as you'd get in carrot juice.  To much direct vitamin A can
be more harmful.  I believe it is suspected in causing cleft palate in
the fetuses of pregnant women who consume too much, and in extreme
overdoses can be fatal.

--Robyn