NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Katherine Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 13:17:21 EST
Got one more email... I have never heard of such a thing and wondered if any
of you have heard about it.....

"You may know all this and it may not have worked for you, but here is
what I have become to believe:
Very, very few babies are indeed lactose intolerant. If they are they
get very! sick.(i.e. dehydrated, not gaining weight)
Because for a child suffreing with multiple allergies mothers milk is
the best food for as long as possible, I would like to caution against
switching to expensive formulas.
There can be numerous other causes for "colic"/vomiting/fussiness. In
our case I had no idea that I was allergic to many foods and my reactive
histamines went into my breastmilk and made my baby sick.  Like you I
had taken out all suspected allergens and then some.  After testing it
appeared I was also allergic to a host of other things.  I hghly
recommend a VEGA allergy test offered by Naturopaths here in Canada.  I
was doubtful as to its accuracy but had nothing to loose.  Soon I went
on my personal allergy-free diet and Katie vastly improved!"

My question is about the histamines.....  Personally I breastfed my #1
allergic child and was off EVERYTHING he can't have now, and he still could
not tolerate my breast milk.  My #2 milk allergic child CAN have my
breastmilk.  Your thoughts on the histamines?

Katherine