GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 12:07:51 -0400

Pa Pierre,

I think you are mistaking unorthodox effort in averting menacing slander for arrogance, intolerance, and mudslinging. I will try to share some ideas here for discernments:

1. Your comments about Sir Dawda, Saihou Sabally, and BB have the ominous effect of innuring enmities, conflict, and new quarrels where none is issue. You pretended to know the individuals' inner disdains and disgusts about one another when you are not a certified psychoanalyst nor were given due cause a deviner. I was cautioning you to reconsider your method and intent. Where then did the arrogance begin my friend? I had to be unorthodox in my approach sir, because it seemed a decade or two was not enough for you to imbue requisite circumspect in your life as a man of the cloth. I did not pretend I knew more than you and I did not try to abrogate any of your intrinsic rights. So unless you are not conversant with the meaning of arrogance, you chose to deliberately ignore your own ground-breaking arrogance.

2. When you shared that Sabally's singular ambition for power at any cost was apparent in his decision to ride in siren-equipped mini pajero (and you did not establish whether that was Sabally's official vehicle or that when you saw him in it, he was on appropriate government mission and that it may have been only once or maybe twice that you saw the man in that vehicle), you demonstrated a penchant to pass ominous judgement on your fellow man. unsubstantiated accusations drawn from unreliable empirical information. You made it a point to peep inside others' vehicles only to ascertain the insignificant fact that it was indeed Sabally that you saw in that mini-pajero when what you needed for your hypothesis is a pattern Sabally revelling in "power" and or the abuse of such power.

3. When you equated reward of constituents by BB and ethnic bias in menagerie manor, and without sharing with us the behaviours of ALL other MPs in Gambia at the time, with TRIBALISM, you intended and almost succeeded in giving the impression that BB was Tribalist to an extent. That was both dishonest and erroneously malignant toward your fellow man. And you are conversant with Jesus' crucifiction and the evangelic demarche leading to it. Jesus was crucified by seemingly honourable and genteel "christians" if you believe the story. That was intolerance of Jesus' christianity.

You will agree with me that if my erstwhile intolerance in diction averts a potential ethnic menace among the peoples of Africa, that will be intolerance I am most pleased to own. It is by all accounts more benign than the intolerance you displayed. The reason why you chose to brew conflict is because of design in your innermost sanctum and unreasonable personal fears and insecurities.

Those were the mudslingings.

Other than the above Pa Pierre, I do know that I love you and I admire your occupations in life. I would cherish an opportunity to meet and befriend you. However, when we are engaged in such significant social discernments, I think you will agree that our personal relation and affinities for each other becomes secondary and almost irrelevant. This is indeed the only way we could learn to live better and healthier lives to be good friends with other good people some day. My conscience did not allow me to look the other way for fear of offending Pa Pierre. I hope you take the same posture with me or our prospective friendship will not have been of value to either of us. Consider that we may have younger folk of impressionable minds with us here at Ellen, who may not be able to filter through coded conversation. We have a responsibility to guide them toward valuable life.

Haruna. MQJGDT. Darbo. Al Mu'Umin. No evil intended and that is manifest in diction and life. Merd!!

4.