GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 07:31:47 EST
Saul,
        A lack of computers is one factor why we on the list have not heard
from any member of the UDP executive. I checked and found out that two of
them have functioning computers. One  of them is Mariam Denton a practicing
attorney who is also in house counsel for the party and handles litigation
for the myriad of problems thrown on them by the government. I tried to
schedule a cyber conversation during which a good chunk of the leadership
would congregate in Mrs Denton house and have a live exchange with Gambians
all over the world on every issue important to us all. That proved to be a
logistical near impossibility because I had to factor in time differences for
folks in North America, Europe, Asia and Africa, all of which was dependent
on electricity availability in Gambia at the appointed time. Our next best
option is for list members to raise specific issues on G-L either to the
party leadership as a whole or to specific individuals. I can assure you it
would be printed by Mrs Denton and appropriately addressed even as I
recognise it is not the most efficient in this day of instant communication.
I found them to be eager to engage Gambians in addressing their concerns or
soliciting their ideas. Everyone of them including Ousainou is accessible all
of the time. It is sad that resource limitation constrain their reach.

Karamba