GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 05:53:29 EST
Mr Silla,
              I am sorry you can't be constructively engaged on the important
issues of government and leadership. Most list members including myself have
significant intolerance for the kind of exchange you  are angling for
precisely because it does not  have any element of a good debate. Your
approach seem to be steadfastly anchored in vitriol. You may wish to turn
what I thought was a fairly good effort  into a race to the bottom through
specious name calling and conjecture. I will just have to wish you good luck
since I want no part of it. It is ok to have different choices Mr Silla. I
wouldn't think any less of you for supporting Yahya Jammeh. My only
contention would be that you are wrong . You asked me and I offered you my
choice  and the reasons I thought the people I support would make the best
leaders. With such a foundation, I believed the crux of our exchange would
revolve around what you and I believed each of our respective sides has to
offer. I felt we could talk about the economy, education, healthcare , civil,
political and human rights or anyother public policy issue . Afterall these
are real issues most people care about.  Unfortunately it is not to be. Good
luck in the name-calling business. Good people are often not deterred in
their quest to the right thing. The UDP leadership would continue to work for
their stated goal of restoring our nation and it's people to a constitutional
democracy  and focusing on the important task of nation building.

This is the last you will hear from me. Atleast on that point we agree.
Karamba