GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
suntou touray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 May 2010 11:28:41 +0100
Interesting Mboge. You have supplemented our ALD here in Gambian L. This
kind of views reveals that, we too can be sarcastic of our faults whilst at
the same time forging ahead with worthwhile ideals.
I think, the blatant human right abusers like Sekou became easy targets
whilst the rest of the cadre are hardly mention makes the discussion a bit
polarised.
Mboge, you have sum-up everything good and bad about Pan-Africanism, and Taj
it seems has contributed immensely to providing sanity in the difficult
conversations. The Missouri/ Soyinka clash made me laugh, how fascinating!

Coming to my little rant, in fact I was openly declaring that, if the
forwarders actually believe in what they are providing for us to read, they
should then have the courtesy to have a view on the materials. I know quiet
a lot of the old guards fear some form of personal begrudge or ridicule,
however,  if they are not old enough to be here with us, they shouldn't be
old enough to comment of their forwarded materials.
I have no inclination to seek approvals, and you are right, it doesn't
matter at all.
However, when we scrutinise closely how some of them express themselves on
everything pro-Black, you cannot help but notice their impatience with some
of us. This is why, i query the rationale behind forwarding and staying mute
when readers make comments.

I also believer that, Pan-Africanist or no Pan-Africanist, in all
gatherings, there will be little snubs who hide their fears in sophisticated
styles. They fear that, some nobody will bring their PhD or reputation into
disrepute is all the more glaring. However, those apparent deficiencies are
for those folks to sort out.
I think having younger Pan-Africanist like you (Mboge) will help in
clarifying certian issues which if left to the grand old brother will put us
back even further.
I cannot help but make a passing comment in the robotic dialogue styles the
older generation utilise. The endless Nkrummah says this, Silasi says that,
and the rest of it should be adjusted for our time. What do you say is my
interest?
Mr Nyang is cool but he should realise that, not all topics are wanton
argument. I am ever ready to argue, but this is more or less an educative
subject and you have certainly provided your quota.
Regards
Suntou