GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prince Obrien-Coker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2014 20:22:26 +0100
After all the celebrations of the *Breakthrough" and the expansion of curing
the incurables, we can now reflect on what DO called the "Ashura Surprise".
Here we learn about the deceptions the people are subjected to. Below is the
unabridged account of the President of the prosperity that the people should
forward to. Six years down line, I hardly think that the people are better
off than they were in 2008.

Prince

WE HAVE MINERALS
Monday, January 21, 2008

President's Ashura surprise to the Nation

In a surprise announcement on GRTS on the eve of Ashura, the Muslim New
Year, the President  Alhaji Dr. Yahya Jammeh, informed the nation that,
Alhamdullillai, The Gambia now has various minerals that can be exploited
for the benefit of the country. The President's speech on GRTS, broadcast
Friday the 18th of January 2008, is hereby reproduced in full.

"First of all, I want to congratulate you on the occasion of Yomul Ashura,
which is the Islamic New Year. I also want to thank you for the massive show
of support and solidarity yesterday for the first anniversary celebration of
our major breakthrough. If you can remember a  few years ago, when I was
announcing the discovery of oil in The Gambia, at that time  I remember
telling you Gambians and non-Gambians alike in this country that The Gambia
has strategic mineral resources, which then I said was not going to
announce, but later on, at the right moment, we would tell you what some of
the minerals are.

Today, I am very happy to announce to you that we have discovered proven
reserves of Titanium in The Gambia. We also have Iron in the country, we
also have Zirconium as well as Silicon. But the biggest discovery is the
discovery of Uranium in The Gambia. The presence of Uranium in The Gambia.
That time we couldn't make such announcements, not because I was not certain
about it, but because before we make such important announcement, we have to
put in place an effective mechanism that can defend this country
effectively. Not that at that time we could not defend our country as
required. Since some of the minerals are of strategic importance, we have to
put in place a mechanism that can defend this country's sovereignty
effectively. In this very joyous moment of Yomul Ashura we have discovery of
these strategic minerals (I repeat; Titanium , Iron, Zirconium, Silicon and
Uranium). I have more surprises for you later in the year.

100% certain
But I want to make sure whatever I announced is a reality.  As far as we are
concerned, these minerals I have mentioned, we are 100% certain are in this
country and can be exploited. These minerals can be useful. They can also be
useless, God forbid.  They can only be useful if we Gambians close ranks and
work as Gambians, change our attitude, love each other and defend our
country. Of course we will have divergence of political views but that must
not  translate into enmity and hostility between us.

Super-Power of Peace
Gambia will be a great super-power as I told you if we work together.  Not a
military superpower, because  that is not a super-power but a super-bully. I
am talking of a super-power of hope for humanity, a super-power of love, a
country, where all peoples  irrespective of their race, their religion or
origin can live together in peace as the creator Almighty Allah wants His
creation to live together in peace. We can achieve that. We are achieving
that. We can go to the sky if we want to, if we all change our attitude for
the interest of our country; for our own interest. When these minerals are
exploited, you cannot imagine the number of youths that can be employed. But
you, the youths of this country, who will be the primary beneficiaries of
all these discoveries, must change your attitude. You must look inward to
improve yourself, and not outward to others.

There is no country where you can earn money easily without working. Even
stealing is working because you end up going to jail where you work harder
for nothing.  Let us love one another, let us respect our country, live and
die for our country. I wish you all the best."

DO

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい