GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2011 02:24:36 -0500
Kejau,

I feel you. One thing is apparent though; Some folk are really not
interested uniting/organizing/coalition/alliance their erstwhile feignings
notwithstanding. I think we should do our work despite them and not expect them  to
be in the same struggle. This idea will become more appreciable as time
goes  by.

Haruna. Its always the same lot. All this because a party is defending
itself against someone who claims belonging to the party. If I were Falai, I
will resign from the UDP if he is still a member. And whoever else wishes to
follow him out should honestly do so. There are plenty of parties to join
or form one's own. One thing we must realize is that we don't really have to
 belong to any particular party to do something about Yahya. You can be in
APRC  and if you believe Yahya is a criminal, you can do something about him
or you  may change your mind tomorrow and say Yahya is really not that bad.
After you  join the APRC. This party thing is much too over-hyped. I choose
to assist all  the parties except APRC because I feel the opposition
affords the most hope for  Gambia's salvation and plus I have a special affinity
for Lawyer  Ousainou Darbo's sobriety and circumspect. Hon. Sidia is my uncle
too, in-fact,  in familial terms, I am closer to Hon. Sidia than Hon.
Ousainou. Given a choice  between PDOIS and any of UDP, NRP, GPDP, GMC, or PPP,
I'd choose any of the  others but not PDOIS. I simply believe PDOIS is a
party with stale and  oppressive ideas and after Yahya, I don't think any
Gambian can consider a  PDOIS-led government. They'd have to do a coup d'etat. And
even then they  wouldn't last long. PDOIS needs a total overhaul. And I am
confident UDP, NRP,  PDOIS, GMC, or GPDP will not tolerate idiots within
their ranks. That's the w9y.  They are finding it hard to have a suitable home.
It is very rare you hear about  migrations between the opposition parties.
It is mainly from APRC to one of the  opposition or from one of the
opposition to APRC or political hiatus. That ought  to tell us something. We must
never cuddle or massage the egos of moles in any  opposition party. On the
other hand, we do not have to belong to any opposition  to fight what we
genuinely consider a criminal. No matter what party he/she is  in, a criminal will
always be a criminal. Until apprehended and  rehabilitated.

I know this is a long goodbye Kejau. I'm done now. I will sign off  again.

Haruna. Mams and Caesar, I don't wanna hear it.

In a message dated 1/27/2011 2:24:46 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,