GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 21:40:18 -0400
Mr. Sillah:

This is a very serious issue.  We must act now to prevent
party split in the opposition.  I just cannot believe this.

As you may be aware of the UDP leadership, you must understand
that all the elected members of UDP that are in the legislature
were former NCP supporters.  In fact Hon. Kemeseng Jammeh is
still a member of the NCP executive committee.

I will refrain from making any statements on the reason why such
a thing would happen.  I predict that there will be further
division within the opposition.  Some of Dibba's former supporters
will follow him.

While I am still an NCP supporter, I will refrain from making any
further statement on this issue.  Until we hear from the attendees,
it is premature to speculate.

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh
Greensboro, NC/Kombo East Constituency