GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2011 19:09:35 -0500
This to present a unified candidate to contest the 2012 Presidential
elections in Mali. They intend to succeed President ATT whose term expires in
2012. And Mali does not; live in fear, face wanton abductions and
disappearances  of her citizens by the state, Usurpation of the legislative and
judiciary  branches of government by a criminal president, witness wanton
assasination of  her citizenry by the criminal president, entertain her president ATT
dealing in  drugs and other contraband, sponsor rebels or freedom-fighters
to wage war  against any of her neighbors, entertain ATT hiring and firing
civil servants,  Assembly-men and women, and judges at will, or execute a
campaign of  witch-hunting against her citizens.

I am proud to announce that The GDP's partner Yelema and their leader Hon.
Moussa Mara, are among this group of prospective patriots of Mali and we
will do  everything we can to assist their good colaboration with their
coleagues of the  other 8 constituent formations. I will attempt to transummarize
later.

One thing I want to bring to your attention though is that the amalgam
(PUR) umbrella party is only for the purposes of presenting a singular
candidate  for the Presidency of Mali in 2012. The parties will retain their
sovereignties  otherwise and will contest legislative elections on their own
merits. Also there  is a monthly membership due of 160,000 Fcfa for each member
party in default of  which the party risks losing any privileges or
considerations of the amalgam.  Further, that because the signing of amalgamation
documents will take place on  Jan. 22nd, and because Hon. Mountaga Tall's
CNID-Faso Yiriwaton will hold her  congress in march, CNID-FYT will not sign the
agreement until after the congress  and only then will sign the PUR
agreement. This is because there is no legal  authority for such signature until
after the party holds her congress to  ventilate such in-situ authority.
Alternatively, CNID-FYT can be allowed to sign  the binding documents in principle
with Hon. Tall as signatory but with the  proviso that that signature will
be made whole and binding after the party's  congress. Either is benign but
the latter is superior to the former in as much  as grace is concerned.
Haruna.

Here is my friend Bruno Segbedji:

Please go to _http://www.thegdp.org_ (http://www.thegdp.org) ,  click on
Africa Diaspora and choose 匜ection pr廥identielle de 2012 : Vers la fusion de
neuf partis  politiques en vue de cr嶪r le Parti Uni pour la  R廧ublique.

中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中

中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中