GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"M.B Krubally" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 19:03:25 -0800

Awa thank you for the annual summary report. Regarding raising funds, Michael and I think it would be wise to hold an initial meeting before the one we proposed for September of this year. This will help establish the GESO’s existence, and also allows us to plan an effective fundraising event in Chicago.

May I suggest a meeting in Atlanta during their annual July 4th event. It would be smart to capitalize on this event for a brief meeting, and a membership drive.

How about the following suggestions:

   A meeting in Atlanta on Monday, July 03, 2000 for all GESO-USA members.

2. Obviously most of us will incur airfare cost, so how about a $150.00 donation to GESO for those Atlanta residents that will not be subjected to travelling cost.

3. A $100.00 donation from those who live a hundred miles or more from Atlanta, but will not flying in.

   Find volunteers to set up a booth at the most populated daily events (whatever day the celebrations start). This booth will consist of new-member information and sign-up, possible sale of GESO promotional items, and of course soliciting donations from generous event attendees. I am willing to head this project with the help of an Atlanta resident that will help provide a tent, table, and all the necessities to set up a booth.
   ANYMORE SUGGESTIONS?

M.B.Krubally